Representative Energy and Construction Cases
We have represented owners, financial institutions, architects and engineers, and builders in connection with energy and construction projects. Examples include:
- Represented developers of numerous energy (hydroelectric, coal, gas-fired, nuclear) in arbitrations and litigations involving delays, increased cost claims, termination disputes, and performance and payment bond claims.
- Represented builder of office complex in construction delay and over-run case.
- Represented designer of sewage treatment plant in construction failure case.
- Represented numerous architects and engineers in cases involving project failures and injuries.
- Represented multinational manufacturer of hydroelectric generators in action against subcontractor.
- Represented alternative energy corporation in action against bank and municipal services corporation for breach of contract and tortious interference with hydroelectric power plant construction.
- Represented alternative energy corporation in action concerning dispute over agreement to purchase ownership interest in power project.
- Represented owner in case involving termination of major development of mixed-use residential and retail project due to construction delays.
- Represented developer of diesel power project in case involving breach of contract and cost of construction.
- Represented owner of coal-fired power plant in connection with dispute arising out of operating agreement.